The Groovy Agent's Pad

Like classic/retro comics, music, tv, movies, sci-fi, fantasy, etc., etc., and etc.? Then hang out with The Groovy Agent as he makes the universe safe for all the cool stuff that has come before...and even makes a little room for cool stuff yet to come!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Another Groovy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Cheryl Ladd, Ol' Groove's favorite Angel! (Charlie's Angel, that is.) During the first season, I started off like most everyone else, as a Jill (Farrah Fawcett) fan. As the season progressed, I was most captivated by Kelly (Jaclyn Smith), and there I would have remained...if not for the season two introduction of Jill's younger sister, Kris (Cheryl Ladd--duh!). Kris pretty much combined the best of Jill and Kelly, along with a vulnerability--and even a dash of silliness--the other Angels lacked. Of course, it was the personality of Ms. Ladd coming through to create such a fun character!

As time passed, I learned just how talented she was. The lady can sing! the crown jewel of my 15th birthday swag was a copy of her Think It Over album. I later learned that she had provided the singing voice for Melody in the Josie and the Pussycats cartoon. Cool!

She's still going strong, making tons of TV movies and guest appearances. Many happy returns on your birthday, Ms. Ladd. In my eyes, your halo will never tarnish!

(P.S. If any of Ol' Groove's loved ones are reading this, Charlie's Angels Season 3 is out on DVD. Now you know what to get me for MY birthday!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home